Tuesday, November 24, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LYNN

Our November Birthday Girl is Lynn from Wisconsin.  Here's Lynn's story.


I'm Lynn and just turned 40 on November 17th. I've had a few issues with that number. Where has the time gone? I live in Wisconsin with my husband of 18 years. We have two daughters ages 14 and 10. My hobbies include movies, music and books, collecting and trading postcards, blogging, traveling (when I have the time and money) and my favorite.......Photography! I currently work part time as a sales associate at a convience store but would love to quit my day job and focus on my photography.



You can find me at http://www.lynnslifeonline.blogspot.com/ or on my photoblog at http://lynnsphotobooth.blogspot.com/. Though I seem to be on an unintended hiatus right now, sorry!



The charity I chose is JDRF or The Juvenille Diabetes Research Foundation. My oldest daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in July of 2007 while we were on a trip to Washington state visiting family. She got sick and ended up in the hospital for 2 days with a blood sugar level over 500. She decided to participate in the JDRF Walk for the Cure that year so we have had a family team for the past three years. So many people have said that they have been promised a cure in their lifetime and that we "are so close". I'd like to see that become a reality!


Check out the link to the right for Lynn's charity.  Have a birthday coming up??  Turning 40??  Please leave a comment and we will get back to you so your charity can get some traffic as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment